Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I am an Ass

Today I learned something about myself. I was in the dinning room eating a salad at a table fill with fellow students. After I had finished my salad, I decided to pop a rubber glove I had. So, I did. Instantly and in great comedic timing, after the glove popped I was called an “Ass” by a fellow student. This brought about laughter by my fellow classmates, and embarrassment on my behalf.

The first thought through my head was punch him in the face. Then I talked myself out of it saying it was just a word. Second, thought was sit back and wait for an instance that you can embarrass him in return. Third, was just to let it go because he was right.

The reason that I popped the glove was for me. I was hoping that someone would jump at the unexpected noise. I had planned to laugh at them. I had planned to cause them embarrassment.

I was a being an ass. They extremely honest classmate was right.

What I learned. I learned that I have grown a long way. At one time in my life I would have punched him. At another time I would have returned the favor. At this time in my spiritual growth I have learned from my sin. That is what brought me joy in being an ass.


Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home