Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Choice of Joy

Biblical Joy is not an emotion. Biblical Joy goes deeper than human emotion. True Joy is rooted in something that is not human at all. True Joy’s foundation is Jesus Christ sprit living in the heart Christian. Joy is not of us this makes Joy transcendent of our situation. Joy dose not come form us or our universe this explains resiliency of Joy. Since true Joy is extra to our human experience. This means that Joy is a gift, a gift of God to the believer. If Joy is a gift given by God, than the receiver of the gift has a choice to receive and use the gift. This means Joy is a choice. That is why in the bible we are commanded to have Joy. Since Joy is of God, then faking joy then is sin. Joy is not smiley all of the time. Joy is like a home owner getting a great report form a building inspector. The home owner has assurance form an outside source that his house is not going to fall. That is the reason that when I have sin in my life I “lose the Joy of my salvation.” I lose the assurance of my salvation when I lose my Joy. I do not lose my salvation. In other word Joy my ace in hole. I have confidence when I carry the gift of Joy with me through my life. In my life I hear God saying, “Get the sin out, pick up the gift my Joy, get out into your life and live for me.” My prayer is that I my be able to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home